Sunday, January 23, 2011

Retro Burger... Deep Fried Mars Bar...So Good

retroburger.ca

It's Sunday, -18 degrees and sunny. Because our family is a bit... odd... this was how we spent our day:

- 8:30 AM - Workout (Greggy goes to Xtreme Fitness, I work out in our home gym)

- 11:30 AM - Dentist (Yes, our Dentist takes us in on Sundays)

- 12:30 PM - Urban Sun (Vitamin D for long cold Canadian winters)

- 1:00 PM - Retro Burger (Kennedy Rd. & Eglinton)

I've been wanting to try Retro Burger ever since I saw the Toronto Star article about this humble joint. What I didn't remember (seriously!) is that the article was about Retro Burger selling Deep Fried Mars Bars.


I swear we went for the burgers and not the evil Deep Fried Mars Bar! I got a bacon cheeseburger with a side of onion rings (both decent), and Greggy got the Philly Cheesesteak with a side of Greek salad, to offset the guilt.

I liked Greggy's Philly Cheesesteak better than my bacon cheeseburger, and I vowed that next time I will get the Cheesesteak... I kept thinking "I should have ordered the Cheesesteak! I should have ordered the Cheesesteak damnit!!!!"

Source:pinoyfoodcritic.com


Then innocently, almost shyly, Greggy said: "Look honey, they sell Deep Fried Mars Bars..."

I was super excited because I have never had a Deep Fried Mars Bar before! I used to think that that was just a British or Scottish thing and that it would be gross and yucky and so bad for you and why would anyone want it???!?

Source:fresnobeehive.com


But we bought one, and shared it, and it was deeeliciousss and very very bad, like... Catholic sinner guilt bad.

We enjoyed every sinful bite.

Our Dentist would not have approved of it.

Source:boingboing.net

1 comment:

  1. Follow-up: The last time I went to Retro Burger (February maybe), the line cook went up to me and said he recognized me from this Blog! It was very surreal. He said he was searching for reviews on Retro Burger and Google search pointed him to my humble rants here.

    That was my minor celebrity, "holy cow I can't believe you recognized me, I feel very uncomfortable now" moment.

    ReplyDelete