Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stop Working Now, says Derek Foster


The other day I went to the mall to get KFC because I worked late yet again and was in need of chicken for dinner.

They had a waiting period (10 minutes-ish) so I went to Coles. I hit the Business section, then Travel section. The Travel selections in that particular mall really sucked. So I moved on to the Business section, and this booked was literally right in my face.

I figured... I want to "Stop Working Now" too! I have been saying this for YEARS.

Paid for the book, picked up the chicken, went home and had dinner, finished the book at 11:30 PM same night, updated my investments based on the recommendations from the book by 12:30 AM, then went to bed.

It's a good book. One of those "wow I learned something new from this book" book.

Pick up a copy. But don't be obsessive and finish it on same day as you bought it (like I did). I'm a bit of a weirdo.

1 comment:

  1. Today I moved a majority of my investments from large cap equity (super volatile) to Canadian Bonds (ultra conservative).

    My intent is to minimize losses amidst panic attacks over the U.S. debt crisis. I have enjoyed 20% ROI average in the last 3 years. The first 6 months in 2011 have not been that generous.

    Market is in for a bumpy ride, giddy-up.

    ReplyDelete