Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Genealogy, My Family Tree, Old Filipino familes

Obsessed now, and I'm unapologetic about uploading 52 priceless photos. Just found within last 2 years by my Tito Jojie (was with my Lola Zon's possessions during her wake). Commentary on each photo included (thanks Tito Jojie).

I am sure there were moments of light in the family's dark past.

I stumbled across this Blog entry on the Families of Old Cebu.  I wonder if the blogger (Toto Gonzales) has information on the Marzos. I left him a comment.

This is so surreal. The family had a store in Cebu! And our name on signage.

My dad's mom Corazon Razon (aka Lola)

Dad's parents @ their wedding. Lola & Artemio Marzo (aka Lolo). Don't know who the kids are.

Lolo & Lola are the first two on the right. The rest of the people are Razons (Lola's family)

Lolo (left, w/ Hawaiian shirt), Lola to his left

Lolo, Lola, Tita Lulu (Lola's sister)

Lolo's side of family (Razons) and some other family (Gonzales)

Lola with Tita Lyn maybe? Halcon house #1.

Tita Maribel (dad's sister)

Tita Lyn (dad's sister)

Lola & Tita Maribel in Halcon house #2 - I think this is where I lived for a bit

Lola at Halcon house #2, 2nd floor sala (living room)

Tita Lulu & Tita Lyn

Tita Baby, Tita Chari, Tita Lulu (Lola's sisters). Think the baby is Tita Lyn, with her Yaya (nanny).

Lola & Dad's brothers/sisters - Luneta in the early days

One of their cars. Tita Maribel & Tita Lyn. Not sure which Tito the little boy is.

Tito Freddie @ Congress. I called him Tatay (dad) - he raised me for a few years. Kyklos gang leader.


Lolo and Lola in Cebu - Talisay beach. Not sure which Tito the little boy is.

Lolo at Congress

My Lola and Titos @ Hinulugan Taktak, Antipolo

My dad's family and their car #2 in Antipolo

Antipolo Plaza with Dońa Rufina Nebres (Dad's Lola, my grand Lola Pinang), together with Yayas and Lola Zon.

My Titos in Antipolo. Original Gangsters.

I think 1 of the boys is my dad - with his brothers & sisters and Yaya

My dad

Novaliches lot survey where the Marzo's compound was built

I think this is my Tito Ernie (dad's oldest brother)

Tito Ernie celebrating after Lolo bought the land

Land buying negotiation

Lolo @ Lourdes Church during wedding of Tito Ernie and Tita Leovy

Wedding of Tito Ernie and Tita Leovy

Marzo's Residence - garden under construction - grotto in corner (I think this is a must have for Filipino Catholics)

Lola and unidentified relatives

Lola entertaining guests

Tito Boy and PAL Flight Stewardess Girlfriend

Lola and Lolo

House blessing

Priest socializing

June 1966 Blessing at the Garden

Long queue to visit Grotto

Lola and guests

Lola and her guests and "Our Lady of Fatima"

Old School partying

Tita Lyn's first communion

Lola and Tita Lyn - Feb 1967

Lyn at the arcy overlooking the other sala

Unidentified relatives

Mom and Friends at the colonial style sala

Tita Lyn and Tita Maribel

Believe it or not, the girl looking guy with pale legs and black boots is my dad

Swimming pools at that time are a big deal

The band. Sitting (L-R): Tito Ernie, Tatay Freddie. Standing middle: Tito Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment