Sunday, October 17, 2010

Memento?

Source:Jazjaz.net

Today I was freaking out because my daughter T was not yet home by 7:30. Her curfew is 7:30 every day except Friday and Saturday when she gets to stay out until midnight.

For the most part T is very responsible soon to be 16-year-old. Since she knows that being on time is very important to me she always makes sure that she sends me a text or calls me if she's going to be late.

Well it was 7:46 and I couldn't reach her by phone and her dad said she left his house 45 minutes ago. Naturally I think the worst and short of having massive panic attack and calling police to issue an Amber Alert, I get a call back on my landline.

Me: Hello???

T: Hi Mom!

Me: Where the hell are you! You're late!!!

T: No, I'm not Mom. 

Me: Yes you are! It's 7:46! 

T: My curfew's at 8:00 on weekdays.

Me: No it's not! It's 7:30! 

T: No Mom, I have been coming home at 8:00 on weekdays since school started!! You are stressing me out! (Talking to Kendall her boyfriend) Kendall, haven't I been coming home at 8:00 this year? See mom? Did you hear that? 8:00, not 7:30!!!

Source:ogmiosproject.org

Me: (Pause. Ponder. Trying to recall last time we negotiated curfew).

T: Mom???

Me: Uhm.... yeah.... I guess it's 8:00? Okay... see you soon honey, love you!

Now, it's not the first time I've had some problems with short term memory. The strange thing is that I can remember a lot of things in vivid detail going back to when I was 2 or 3 years old.... I am also a bit of a human Wiki and I have no problems remembering a LOT of things stored in my head like Johnny Mnemonic.

source:the interwebs

But for some strange reason, trivial things I did 30 seconds or 5 minutes ago seem to vapourize just like that from my memory and I would literally have to ponder what the hell I just did and retrace my steps. This doesn't happen every time, just sometimes but often enough to make me feel weirder than usual.

Maybe it's the Matrix resetting itself?

Leonard Shelby (Memento) will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment