Monday, April 25, 2011

Damn You Allergies

First, I'm writing this post with Common's "Reminding Me (Of Sef)" off-the-hook track playing in the background! And "C.R.E.A.M." by Wu Tang Clan just finished! I hate Lauryn Hill so I'm skipping her ass. Erik B & Rakim's "Know the Ledge" just started... soo soo soo good. It's making me feel all urban!

Second:

I've been using Burt's Bees products for a very very long time. I started when I stumbled across the product in Stratford, Ontario during one of many road trips.

I am in the process of eliminating a whole bunch of stuff from my diet / lifestyle as for some reason my body has developed allergies to certain things - wheat in particular. And metal - can you imagine? And no, sorry, Greggy can't start a whole new non-metal business.

One of the items I've eliminated is Burt's Bees products, as they contain beeswax. According to my self-diagnosing via Google search, two causes for Perioral Dermatitis are steroids (I don't take them) and beeswax (guilty).

Last night, after weeks of not using Burt's Bees lip balm, I figured - hey, I'm probably over this whole allergy bull. My body has developed antibodies (so I theorized).

Guess what? I'm wrong.

Three applications of Burt's Bees lip balm prior to going to bed last night = Lips like Mick Jagger and Angelina Jolie's freak daughter. It'll take 24-48 hours to get this out of my system, and lots of Green Tea.

It's my fault for thinking I'm superhuman.

Source:davidwygant.com
House of Pain's "Jump Around" is playing now. Hi Ms. Doubtfire!

Back to work I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment