Monday, October 3, 2011

The Mind is a Beautiful Thing

I've always known  that the difference between "can do" and "can't do" is all in my mind.

Today I ran 7 Km (!) during my normal morning run.  I increased my distance from 6 Km to 7 Km in less than 2 weeks. I didn't plan on doing this when I woke up. I just felt so good during my first five laps and enjoyed running without too much effort.

I could have gone to 10 Km, but I was running (pun not intended) out of time and I needed to get back home to get ready for work.

So the next time you want to do something and a crazy voice in your head makes you doubt that you can do it, just do it. This goes for all things in life, not just running.

Now I have to go back and just do my work, even though I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment