Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I Survived Christmas 2011

Source:davidrodger.wordpress.com

I did not think that I was going to be able to pull it together for Christmas this year given the situation. Instead, I found myself having a very low key, drama free Christmas break with Greggy. This is what we ended up doing:

Day of Christmas Eve 
- I slept in and felt great. No waking up at 4:30 AM to run on the track this day.
- My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think I watched movies all day and acted very sloth-like
- Wearing my house clothes with unmade hair and make-up free face, Greggy and I went to watch a very nice Christmas movie called The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo, a remake of the Swedish movie bearing the same name, only this time directed by my absolute all-time favourite Director David Fincher.
- Had a very festive Big Mac Meal


Christmas Day
- I slept in again, this time waking up at 8:00 AM
- Went for a 6K run
- Cooked breakfast for me and Greggy. Blueberry pancakes, eggs over hard with cheese. French vanilla cappuccino rocks.
- Opened gifts. Greggy and I bought our own gifts which we would want to receive for ourselves. Very non-traditional. He got a chrome Jeep gas cap installed, and I bought a pair of New Balance 1260s and arch supports.
- Greggy cheated and also got me a desktop humidifier for the office (damn you recurring nose bleeds!) and a blender, since my 5-year old one is starting to give out.
- We got Peppy some gifts too. Her favourite mousies (4 packs), a laser pointer, and a robot mouse. She likes the mousies the best. Although, I've bought this for her in the past and continue to do so. She plays with them, then hides them. I cannot find the 20 or so mousies I've given her over last few months. I wonder where she hides them.




- Then we watched The Hangover 2. Not as a good as the first one, but we welcomed the much-needed humour.
- For dinner, I roasted some boneless skinless chicken thighs (marinated using my secret recipe of garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes and onion powder) and made a big Caesar salad.
- Christmas is not the same for us without watching the Jason Bourne series, so we did.

So there you go. 

In writing this post, I had to get links for Jason Bourne series. I just found out there is a new Jason Bourne movie called The Bourne Legacy (to be released August 2012), but Matt Damon won't be in it. No offence people, but his blows big time.


No comments:

Post a Comment