Monday, October 3, 2016

Ontario League of Justice - Day 1

Oddly, I have been selected to be on a jury selection panel. It starts this week. It's kinda interesting, but at the same time, annoying, since my work will pile up while I'm at the courthouse.


I have romanticized courtrooms and the legal system for so long now. I've been reading John Grisham since I was a rebellious angry teenager, and I have a ton of fave legal (legal-ish?) movies like A Few Good Men, My Cousin Vinny (ha ha), the Devil's Advocate (of course), The Firm, The Pelican Brief... you name it, I've probably watched it.


I know Canadian courts are not similar to the ones in the US. Do you think I'll get in trouble if I yell out "OBJECTION, YOUR HONOUR!"? Or "DEATH PENALTY!"


Today was just a whole lot of waiting around until your panel gets called. My panel didn't get called yet, so I have to go back tomorrow. The most interesting part of my day was trying to find the food court at the Eaton Centre during lunch hour - which is from 1-2 pm by the way (annoying). They have changed the whole food court setup at the mall! Fuck! Yes they had "healthier" selections and even a Ramen shop, but I can't eat Ramen until Friday.


I ended up buying a salad from Freshii. Oaxaca salad, no rice, and a can of very exotic Fresca.


Anyone reading this blog entry hoping to find helpful hints about being summoned as a juror and what to expect will not find this write up helpful at all. Maybe I'll write something better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment