Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead, Apparently

So I came home tonight after working late, bearing gifts of Fried Chicken for our dinner.

Upon entry, my lovely hubby exclaimed: "Osama Bin Laden is dead!!!"

I'm like: "Really?"

He said: "Yes! It's all over the news!!! Didn't you hear about it at work?!?"

I was all: "No... we're worried about projects and technology... I don't really know anything going on in the world... I'm trapped in OUR world from when I get in the office... until I leave... all I do is go to meetings and work work work...  I don't hear about anything unless it has something to do with work and how our stock is performing..."

Greggy, all incredulous, said: "Honey! It's all over the news!"

"Ok. How do you know? Did you read about it? Who did it? CIA Black Ops? Navy Seals??? Who???" I egged on.

"Well, I didn't read about it, " Greggy reasoned. "There's a big article in the front page of the Star, but it's too long. It was the Navy Seals"

"Hmmm..."

"BABE, I LISTEN TO SPORTS RADIO ALL DAY and that's all they talked about!"

"Okay babe. Who's dead again? Obama is dead???"

"No!!! O-sa-ma!"

"Ah... well, I didn't hear about it at work. Maybe because Canada is a super power but our country is very neutral. You know? A bit like Switzerland, minus the Nazi history. Was the ops kinda like that crazy scene in The Kingdom?"

"Canada is not a super power! Oh my god honey! Don't you know? I'm going to Google it and prove it to you! Holy cow..."

"I really think Canada is a super power. T, what do you think?"

T: "Super power? Like witchcraft and spells and stuff?"

"Never mind."

"Hello honey! Noooo.... Canada is NOT a super power! Jeez! Okay I wrote the top 10 super power countries down... what are you doing? Are you busy?"

"Uhm... babe... I'm in the bathroom now... I'll talk to you in a bit okay? Love you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment