Saturday, October 12, 2013

Am I Getting Lazy?

For those of you looking at my running log for the past 3 months and wondering why I have reduced the number of times I run every week, it's because:

  1. I started a new job end of July, my boss is an early bird, so of course I have to be an early bird too. Like, downtown before 8:30 AM type of early bird. This means it's impossible to squeeze in a run in the morning during a work day without meandering to the office after 9:30 AM. When I was at Big Red, I didn't care what time I came in. 
  2. I wanted to change my running routine anyway. I find that the more I run, the more I am hungry all the time, and the more I can justify eating HUGE amounts of food. Since I'm no longer a spring chicken, I can't sustain this without becoming Rita McNeil. So.... I've incorporated weight training during my non-run, non-rest days. And then I do 2 long runs back to back on Saturday and Sunday.

Trust me when I say this is not an excuse. Also, I don't care if you think I am getting lazy.  What kind of exercise are you getting, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment