Friday, May 6, 2011

Age of Innocence



My 4-year-old niece Olivia filled this out for her mom Karla (my youngest sister) - just in time for Mother's Day this Sunday. Some of the info is incorrect, but that is totally ok and totally Livy's view.

I remember when I used to get stuff like this from my own daughter T. Those days have stopped. Except for a valentine letter she mailed to me February 2009, which was very sweet.

What I miss most about this age is a child's innocence and pure love. I wish I was able to enjoy T and being a mom while T was around Olivia's age... but in 1994 I was 19 years old, broke, and insecure, but arrogant and tough at the same time.  

However, as much as I love babies and kids (and cats), I am not willing to start that whole newborn motherhood craziness all over again. It will be a different experience this time for sure, with Greggy by my side, and with all the opportunities that I have now (that I didn't have then).

Being a parent is too damn hard. To make it bearable, I will need an entourage that includes a nanny, night nurse, personal trainer, chef, housekeeper and $20M in lottery winnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment