Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Award Winner

Source:whoanelly-knelson.blogspot.com


I won an award again. This time it's for leading the tactical planning and execution of something that everyone said was impossible to do because of its complexity relative to the amount of time we had.

Anyway, it's one of those things where you win cash, but you can't spend it the way you want.  This bundle of cash is going to have to be spent on an event.

I'm a lone wolf. Antisocial. A bit of a sociopath. Nobody ever believes me when I say this because I am a GREAT leader and I am really good with people.

The reality is that I am surrounded by people ALL DAY and I am constantly bombarded with questions, emails, Blackberry PINs, phone calls, etc etc, and it quite literally drives me bananas. At the end of the business day or when I am not working, I would rather spend time with my core family (husband + *maybe* daughter + MitzyPepperPie). Or I would rather be alone. I rather like being alone actually.

I am a bit like Maximus Decimus Aurelius.

In a perfect world, I would use that bundle of cash to buy clothes from Winners, then food. And books from Chapters. And maybe a plane ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment