Tuesday, October 12, 2010

So dark

Back in early 2000, during a particularly dark period in my life, I remember writing this poem. The only reason why I remember it now is because my husband and I were talking about how that spot below our cat's cheeks... just before the neck... feel extremely soft.... So of course  my husband mused that her cheeks are full of venom that's just waiting to come out and poison us.

Venom

Silence deafens
Food weakens
Nothing around but the sound
of time
As darkness creeps 
Twilight weeps
and misery slithers, crawls 
slowly into my closely guarded walls
I begin to wonder
Am I trapped in my mind again?


http://piptalk.com/main/forumdisplay.cgi?action=displayarchive&number=31&topic=003384

Here is our cat Mitzy Pepper Pie, she is very cute but something is a bit strange about her.


1 comment: