Monday, October 11, 2010

I dream of chicken wings

My daughter was with me the day I decided to stop being a vegetarian. She was really excited because she knows that I love food, and that I spend a lot of time at the grocery store looking for palatable vegetarian things (for me and my husband) while I get her all the default "meat stuff".

(My daughter is not a vegetarian).

Anyway she was really excited and enroute to the grocery store we talked about how exciting this all is, how it'll be so much easier for all of us, how there won't be sooooo much pressure anymore to find vegetarian things, and how I can finally, finally eat some fried chicken.

During the last 10 years or so I "remembered" what fried chicken tasted like (it tasted great) and how sometimes I would miss it. My husband reminds me all the time about the day we were at the races eating lunch and how I kept looking at this other table with the people looking like they were really have a fantastic time eating fried chicken and how jealous I was that I wasn't eating fried chicken.

Anyway, on September 19, 2010 the very first non-vegetarian thing I ate was the "Fried Chicken Wings with Fish Sauce" from Congee Star at Don Mills and Eglinton. And you know what? It was divine, heavenly, great, amazing.


Congee Star has the best chinese food in Toronto. Ever. Beats any old chinatown haunts hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment