Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I sat outside on our deck for 2.5 hours today overlooking our lovely Rivendell-like backyard. The sun was shining, it was a balmy 16 degrees (amazing), I had a cup of coffee, the Saturday paper (I didn't read it yet), and the stray cat we call Wilson (but I think her real name is Ethel; I've heard our next door neighbour call her that).

I sat out there and enjoyed the sun and realized I had not sat out on the deck all summer! It was a crazy hectic period at work.

Feeling relaxed, I showered then watched 2 episodes of Iron Chef America Thanksgiving Battle.

We are not really into the whole 17-hour Thanksgiving Dinner cook-a-thon thingy.

This was our Sunday Thanksgiving Meal, which I started cooking around 5:30 and finished around 6:15 PM:

- Oven fried chicken (Breading: Panko bread crumbs, Kellog's corn flakes, Shake-and-Bake Southern Fried, Lawry's Seasoning Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Peppers)
- Grilled Sweet Corn
- Mushy peas (Boiled sweet green peas, 1/4 cup mushroom soup, 1 tbsp Sour Cream, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp pesto, pepper, lemon juice)

Tomorrow, we will meet with entire family for a traditional Thanksgiving brunch at a Chinese Buffet downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment