Monday, October 11, 2010

September 19, 2010

After almost 10 years of being a vegetarian, I quit cold turkey on Sunday September 19, 2010.

I remember that day vividly. The day before, my daughter and I embarked on the much dreaded task of getting our passport pictures taken in preparation for our upcoming trip to Rome.

I don't know why they don't let you smile when you take your passport pictures? Is it so you can look menacing? Anyway my daughter's photo looked like a test shot for America's Next Top Model.

Mine on the other hand, well, I looked puffy. And tired. And old. Maybe it's because I just finished 1.5 hours of blissful shiatsu treatment (thank you BestHealth2001, you know who you are!).

Anyway I looked at my menacing, unsmiling puffy face and instantly I thought: time to go back to Atkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment